Home Insurance

Buildings & Contents

A combined policy offering the benefits of both Buildings & Contents. Most insurers will offer a discount for a combined policy rather than individually.

Buy to Let / Landlords Policy Insurance

If you are renting out your property- as a Landlord its your responsibility to insure the building. If you are letting the property furnished you may want to consider an amount of contents cover. You are also able to upgrade the policy to include Legal expenses and rent guarantee.

Unoccupied Home Insurance

If a property is unoccupied for usually more than 30 days in a row – your policy will need to be set up on an unoccupied basis. This cover is often difficult to obtain as the insurer classes this type of policy as high risk. We can provide you with a quote for this type of cover – exclusions will apply.


If your auction bid has been successful – insure it immediately! The property is now your legal responsibility as you have exchanged contracts. We can provide you with cover immediately on the day.

Property under development

If your property is undergoing a work in progress, it can be insured while the work is being carried out – exclusions may apply.

None standard construction

If your property is in a flood risk area or has a history of subsidence problems, let us search on your behalf.

Lowering your Premiums

The basis security measures can often lower your monthly payments;

  • Smoke alarms
  • Security alarm – use it!
  • Adequate security locks
  • Key operated windows
  • Excess – standard usually set at £100 but can be increased and this will lower your monthly payments
  • No claims discount – Like car insurance – you can benefit from having a no claims history.

Additional Home Insurance Options

Its worth considering these options in order to tailor your policy specifically to suit your needs.

  • Personal possessions – cover for usually up to £2000 without having to specify the items for belongings
    taken out of the home such as jewelry.
  • Specified items – Specify individual items worth over a certain amount, usually £1500.
  • Accidental damage Buildings – Cover more daily insurable incidents such as damage caused accidentally to glass or the building.
  • Accidental damage Contents – Cover more daily insurable incidents in the home such as spillages on furniture or audio equipment.
  • Legal expenses – will provide legal assistance to resolve third party disputes such as Neighbour and employment disputes.
  • Some insurers will also offer a free legal advice helpline service.

I hope we have helped you understand a little more about Home Insurance

Get in contact for a quote